HOW TO APPLY
Click on the “New Registration” link on the home page of the Online Registration portal of CEN 2/2018 for the recruitment of various posts in Level 1 of 7th CPC Pay matrix and carry out the following:-
- Confirm that you have read and understood the instructions clearly by clicking the check box.
- Select the RRB to which you would like to apply. Please be aware that, RRB once selected cannot be changed after registration.
- Registration Details: Enter your name, Date of Birth and Father’s name as per para 1.7 of General Instruction, Mother’s name, Aadhar number, State, SSLC/Matric Roll number, Year
of passing SSLC/Matric, mobile number and email-id and then submit for registration. Candidates with ITI/NAC qualification alone can enter Roll number/year of passing for ITI/NAC qualification instead of SSLC/Matric .Before submitting for registration, ensure and confirm that all the information furnished above are correct as the details furnished for registration cannot be changed later. Please note that the email ID used for the registration must be yours and unique. Also note that both the email and mobile number will be verified during the Online application process with an OTP.
- Verification of email ID and mobile number through OTP : On submitting the Registration details, an OTP will be sent to your email and another OTP to your mobile number. Click on the “Verify through OTP” link on the Home page of the online registration portal and enter the OTP received on your email and the OTP received on your mobile in the respective fields. You can proceed with the registration only by entering both the OTPs. Hence it is advised to ensure that the email id and mobile number is entered correctly during the registration.
On verification of both the email id and mobile number, an unique registration number is generated for the candidate. Candidate should note and preserve their registration number for later reference during the recruitment process and RRB will not entertain any request seeking registration number. Candidates can proceed with the online application by clicking on the “Candidate Login” link on the home page using the registration number.
- In the Part 1 of application page, provide the details of Educational qualification, Community, Gender, Religion, ExSM, PWD, CCAA, Minority, Economically backward class, Age relaxation eligibility category as applicable and other details.
- On completion of application details as above, the candidate will be directed to the payment page to choose payment mode i.e Bank(online-net banking/credit card/debit card & offline-Challan) or Post Office- Challan as explained in para 7.1 and complete the payment process. Please note the last date and time specified for each mode of payment and submit the application well in time.
- In case of online payment, you will be automatically directed to the next stage of application for filling up additional details. Those paying through Bank-offline mode, the payment confirmation may take about an hour and hence they have to again login after 60 minutes and look for confirmation of payment status. The time period for payment confirmation shall vary from 24hrs to 48 hrs in case of Post Office payment. On getting the confirmation status, the candidate can proceed further with Registration process.
Candidates should provide the details of beneficiary account in which they would like to receive the refund viz. Beneficiary name, Bank name, Account Number and IFSC Code in the online application.
In the Part II application page, fill in details of:
- Set priority / preferences for posts: If the candidate is eligible for more than one post based on his educational qualification and other details furnished, he/she must set the priority/preferences for the posts. The list of posts (in the selected RRB) for which a candidate is eligible will be displayed. The candidates can set their priority/preferences by clicking on the “Set Priority” button for the various posts that they are eligible for, in the RRB they are applying to. The candidates can fill in the preferences for all the posts listed, or a few of them as per their choice. But at least one preference must be given.
- Scribe (Applicable to eligible PWD Candidates only). Provide details of scribe duly uploading his/her passport size photograph. Furnishing of information of scribe is mandatory. Change of scribe at the exam venue is generally not permitted. However, under exceptional circumstances the change may be allowed duly recording reasons and filling the relevant details including photograph of the scribe.
- Detailed Educational Qualification: Furnish all the relevant information on the qualification as required in the application.
- Choice of Exam Language: English is the default language. In case the candidate wishes to choose any other language, then the same can be selected in addition from the drop down list of languages as per Table at para 20.0. In case of any difference between English and the opted language, the content of English version shall prevail.
- Complete the balance fields e.g. mother tongue, address etc.
Uploading of color Photograph: Select the Upload Photo tab and upload your colour photograph. The photograph should comply with the following requirements,
- The Colour passport photograph with white/light color back ground.
- Photograph of size 35mmX45mm with name and date printed on it.
- It should be in JPG/JPEG format scanned with 100 DPI.
- The size of the photograph should be between 20-50 KB.
- The color photograph must have been taken on or after 01-12-2017 in a professional studio. Photographs taken using mobile and self composed portraits may result in rejection of application.
- The photo should have clear front view of the candidate without cap and sunglasses.
- The face should occupy at least 50% of the area of the photograph with a full face view looking at the camera directly.
- The main features of the face must not be covered by hair of the head, any cloth or any shadow.
- Fore head, eyes, nose and chin should be clearly visible.
- In case the candidate wears glass, then the photograph should not have any glare on glasses.
- The Photograph must match with the candidate appearance on the day of various stages of recruitment process viz. CBTs, PET and DV.
- PWD candidates should also upload passport photograph as per above specifications only and not the full body photograph used in the disability certificate.
- Candidates are advised to keep at least 12 (Twelve) copies of the same photograph for further use as and when required during the recruitment process.
- Candidates belonging to SC/ST have to upload scanned copy of their SC/ST certificates (JPG/JPEG format, 50kb – 100kb) also for availing the facility of free travel authority (Second Class Railway Pass).
- Candidates may give their consent for sharing the scores obtained by them in RRB exams with other Ministries/Departments/PSUs and Private organizations, for recruitment in their organizations.
- In the end candidates have to confirm the declaration “I hereby declare that I have gone through the eligibility criteria for the post(s) applied for and meet all the requirements therein, that all the details furnished by me in the application are true and complete to the best of my knowledge & belief and nothing has been concealed or suppressed. I also understand that in case, any of the details furnished is found untrue during any stage of recruitment or thereafter Railway Administration shall disqualify me for the post(s) applied for and /or I shall be liable for any other action under the extant rules”. After confirming the above declaration and submission of the application, the entire application shall be displayed for confirmation once again and on confirmation, the candidate may take the print of the application and preserve it for reference and record.